Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Makes Me Yoga

Yesterday, I yoga-ed for the first time in a very long time.  I spent about 45 minutes stretching and resting on the yoga mat.  I thought I should be really gentle on myself, seeing that my shoulder and arm is not 100%.  So I was mostly down on the mat doing back bends and twists.

And then it all came back to me - the joys of yoga.  The stretching and relaxing, the contorting and the unravelling.  It felt really, really good.  So good that I confidently went into Shoulder Stand, and then into Plow Pose.  After some deep breaths, I unravelled and rested. And then to counter the deep forward bend of the spine, I went into Bridge Pose, and then The Wheel.  Gosh, it was rejuvenating!

I used to do a mean Staff Pose, and a rather magnificent Crane Pose.  But that was before the bad shoulder.  I don't think I will be attempting these all that soon.  But I will, maybe in a couple of months.  In the meantime, I have super-yogini, Briohny Smyth, to keep me inspired. :)




Contrary to what you might think as gratuitous semi-nudity, it is actually a very good idea to practise in your underwear. No restrictions, no fabric folding awkwardly while you're going in and out of poses, and absolutely at one with the atmosphere...

Unless, of, course, if you're practising in the living room of a Victorian house that's 17 degrees C inside, and not sure if the postman might ring the doorbell to deliver the books you had ordered off Amazon a couple of days back.

But this underwear-yoga thing, I will try one day.  Maybe when I am back in good ole Sweatypore. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I Think the Blogs are great and good learning experiences we all get from each other’s views. A true learning experience. I wish all of you best of luck Plow Pose

    ReplyDelete