Friday, June 29, 2012

Wimbledon World

Wimbledon (the town) is in the throes of Wimbledon (the tennis). As such, the whole world has descended on little Wimbledon Village, and it's making the school run pretty much Hell for me.




Lots of new faces milling about the eateries along the High Street at any given time of day.  The normally sleepy street is a constant buzz for now.  I am keeping my eyes peeled for celebrities on a Wimbledon walkabout.

In fact, I walked past the revered father of Venus and Serena Williams, Richard Williams, a couple of days back.

And this morning I spotted tennis' World No.2, Rafael Nadal (Spanish stud; not as lust-worthy as his Armani campaign), having breakfast at one of the cafes, with two other guys.  He was talking really fast in Spanish and gesticulating wildly; probably rehashing his spectacular loss to 100th seed, Lukas Rosol (Czech nobody; might prove lust-worthy after a few Nike campaigns).


But really, I'm just waiting for Brangelina and brood to walk out of the Starbucks one of these days... ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment