Tuesday, October 26, 2010

In A Twist Over Crochet

I rediscovered crochet a couple of weeks ago. And here is what I made so far...

A scarf and fingerless glove set for my husband... Yes, FINGERLESS gloves. They work, apparently. (And please do excuse the super-skanky nails...)


A scarf for my sister-in-law...


...a scarf for Maya...



... and more to come...


Yes, I have been hyper-productive with my new thing-to-do. And today was a culmination of my newfound obssession...

First, I overslept this morning, from a late night of feverish (but satisfying) crocheting. Me and Maya had to make a mad dash for the school bus, after getting dressed and ready in a record time of 5 minutes. Then, in the evening, I took Ruhi for her swimming lessons - without her swimming costume. We had no choice but to abandon the lesson, and head for an early dinner.

I just could not believe it. My obssessive crocheting is affecting the lives of my children! Bad news or what, eh? At some point, I muttered how disappointed I was with myself, and Ruhi quickly gave me a big hug, and said, "It's OK, it's only a mistake. You're still the best mother in the world." Aww... :)

So tonight, I will be having an early night. And ignoring my crochet bag, no matter how loud it screams.

1 comment:

  1. Hehe, this post made me smile:) Go, go, you mad crochet monster!

    ReplyDelete