Sunday, March 28, 2010

My Jeweled Pendant and Filigree Beads

Here are a few more pieces from my Metal Clay course.

This one is a pendant with synthetic sapphire, ruby and cubic zirconia. The design of the pendant was first drawn on to baking paper, then we used a metal clay-filled syringe to create the frame, before embedding the stones into the design.





These are also done with the syringe, but this time, we had a go with cork clay as well. What we had to do was shape some cork clay into the shapes we wanted for beads, and then let the cork to dry. After that, we basically syringed clay all round the hardened cork. During the firing process, the cork is distintegrated, and we are left with this gorgeous randomly filigreed hollow ball! I polished the disc-shaped beads to a shine, and left the balls with a matte silver look.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Natelle!! I think so maybe I do a pair of them up for the giveaway...? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these round syringe earrings!!! Very unique

    ReplyDelete