Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Born To Blog


I have been surfing, and I have been reading a lot about Tavi, the 13-year-old fashion-blogging phenom. And true to form, she is sharp, witty, mercilessly outspoken, cleverly critical, with a fashion sense and general knowledge way beyond her years. AND she is funny. This is what she has to say about herself.
"Tiny 13 year old dork that sits inside all day wearing awkward jackets and pretty hats. Scatters black petals on Rei Kawakubo's doorsteps and serenades her in rap. Rather cynical and cute as a drained rat. In a sewer. Farting. And spitting out guts."

Basically, she is "doomed" to be the next Devil in Prada...

Check out her blog.

See what she wears.

Plus, she scored a magazine cover.

Since being on the cover, Tavi has generated a lot of attention, positive, as well as negative. It's amazing how many people are denouncing her talent, suspecting the blog's being written by her mother or older sister... and so on and so forth.

I just think it all reeks of sour grapes.

Good grief, she is just a kid! She's young enough to be my child!! (That's an eye-opener...)

2 comments:

  1. I love Tavi, I want to package her up and keep her in my room. :D Do you think she'll like pancakes with kaya spread??

    ReplyDelete