Thursday, May 14, 2009

New stuff


I have had some customers interested in my Klimts, but are not confident about pulling off large earrings. So these Klimts are smaller than the ones I usually make, measuring about 5.3cm. The smaller frame helps make the look a bit "fuller" because the stones I use are the same variety. It has a more substantial look, even at a smaller size, though I still really like the modern, airy look of a good-sized Klimt.

Here I look into other shapes. I did a round one, because I realise some face-shapes just cannot take long-shaped earrings. And the elliptical one has turned out absolutely gorgeous. Because of it's shape, I applied a more symmetrical design on it, with 2 swirls, and I SO love how this has turned out - bohemian and majestic at the same time, modern and so unique.

4 comments:

  1. I just received the Klimt earrings I won from your most recent monthly giveaway and they are even more gorgeous than their picture!! I wore them to work today and received oodles of compliments! Thank you so much! I will be purchasing more from your Etsy shop soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emily! So glad you love them. :D Thanks so much for your support!! "See" you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love the black and red round klimt hoops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Natelle! It's actually a really dark amethyst. The round shape turned out really cute. Just listed it! ;D

    ReplyDelete