Thursday, April 23, 2009

Good vibrations


Yesterday, I had the pleasure and honour of accompanying a friend to a diamond jewelry boutique to help her pick out her engagement ring.

Now, there some things you should know about me before I go on. I don't wear jewelry unless I have to. Ironic as it may seem, seeing that I am a jewelry designer and craftsperson. But I feel that too much jewelry might make me look over-decorated, because as is, I have quite a bit to look at on my skin. Even the clothes I wear are pretty monochromatic so as not to detract from my tattoos.

So here I am, sitting in a diamond jewelry boutique for the first time in my entire life. And to make up for all this time of having scoffed at these ridiculously-priced little shiny rocks, I find myself succumbing to the glorious bling of all these diamond rings, and relishing it, big-time.

I will not lie. It is FANTABULOUS. There is just something about women's weakness for shiny little things. It is not a myth, that diamonds are a girl's best friend. I swear I kid you not.

Rows and rows of the most gorgeous, gorgeous little things I have ever been in the company of. Even the simple solitaire just sitting on a plain band made me want to cry. For the first time, I find myself in selection mode over diamond rings.

The very kind lady (I guess they would all have to be since people are coming in to spend thousands) asked if we needed assistance. My friend told her she was looking for an engagment ring, and the lady picked out a few classic designs, which included the 3-stone ring, and the Eternity ring. My friend tried them on, and boy did they turn her into a million dollars in a split second. The diamond ring is the most amazing look upgrading tool if I ever did see one.

We basked in all that diamond glory for about half and hour and in the end, she picked this out-of-this-world gorgeous oval-cut number. And I went home with a tingling sensation all over from all that diamond-vibe, that lasted well into the evening.

Add Image

No comments:

Post a Comment